Recipe by 8elbows
My mum's (mother-in-law's) recipe, which was handed down from her mum. My husband loves it so much, that he actually takes the time to make it himself.
Top Review by Chabear01
That is 5+++++ Made this for Fall 09 PAC Premie Adoption. OMG this is do decadently delicious, and will be the most perfect treat for my DGS who visits from his Army Base twice a year. The only thing I did different was place a small cloth in the bottom of the pan of water so the ramekins wouldn't shift around and served this with a small bit of ice cream on top. The only things I will do differently is double the recipe, and grease the ramekins. Thank You so very, very much for a most wonderful dessert. Lynda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour (heaping)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 lemon (juice and rind)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 300F and prepare water bath.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add flour, milk, lemon juice & rind, and yolks. Beat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk whites until stiff peaks form.
- LIGHTLY fold whites into lemon mixture.
- Bake in water bath for 30 minutes at 300°F.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- (When doubling, use only 2 cups milk).