Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe put out 22 years ago by Hellman's Mayonnaise. It has become one of my most requested summertime desserts. I added the raspberry sauce along the way to make use of the fresh fruit of the season.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 -5 drops lemon juice
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; beat in rind, juice and vanilla.
- Pour into pie crust; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Serve with raspberry sauce on top or on the side.
- Raspberry Sauce: Mash and sieve berries to remove as many seeds as possible; add water to make 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together and add to raspberries, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Cool and chill.