Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup water, cold
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, Separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (or use 2 8-oz containers of Philly soft cream cheese.)
- Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; reserve 1/2 cup.
- Press remaining onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Add juice, egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat, 5 minutes.
- Gradually add to cream cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat egg whites, until foamy; gradually add remaining sugar beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cream cheese mixture; pour over crust.
- Top with reserved crumbs; chill until firm.