Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a Tupperware recipe card. I haven't tried it yet.
- 100 g walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 large lemons
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 80 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 150 ml milk
- 6 tablespoons double cream
- 600 g rhubarb
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Finely chop the walnuts and combine with the coconut. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stop, stir and microwave for a further 1 minute. Set aside.
- Trim the ends of the rhubarb and chop into 3cm pieces. Place rhubarb, butter, sugar, water and cinnamon. Cover, and microwave for 10 minutes.
- While that is cooking, zest the rind of the lemons, and juice them.
- With electric beater, whip the egg whites until it forms fluffy peaks, set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks.
- Slowly blend in the flour, followed by the lemon juice, then the milk. Mix well.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon batter until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into a microwave safe dish, sprinkle over the coconut & nut topping, and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with the rhubarb, and a dollop of cream.