Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
On a quest to find the recipe I used to make years ago and the DH asked to make this one from Super Food Ideas July 2008, even though I knew it wasn't IT but he really enjoyed it and thought it was great, so I am posting but will continue my quest to find IT.
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind (finely grated)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 6 teaspoons powdered sugar icing (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (fan forced 160 C).
- Grease six 1 cup capcity ovenproof dishes.
- Place butter, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar, flour, milk and egg yolks in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in 1/4 if the eggwhite mix into the lemon mixture.
- Gently fold in remaining eggwhite.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Place dishes in a large baking dish and pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up the sides of the smaller dishes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Dust with icing sugar mixture.
This was a delightful dessert. I had a bite as soon as I pulled it from the oven. It was warm, lemony heaven.
I loved this i had 2 after lunch today. Made for Ed'n 9: MAKE MY RECIPE- Tag game
As with TasteTester, I used 4 large custard cups for this recipe & this very lemony dessert was AWESOME, but then we're lemon lovers, so. . . ~ I even used generously rounded measures of the lemon zest! Thanks, much, for a great lemon treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Maky My Recipe tag]