Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is somewhat like a pudding cake. This dessert comes out of the oven a lemon jelly topped with a nicely browned crust.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 grated lemon, juice and rind of
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Sift together sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in the egg yolks. Beat in the milk, lemon rind and juice, and butter; fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into greased 8-inch pie plate or 1-quart baking dish.
- Set pie plate or baking dish in pan of hot water (about half way up the side of pie plate) and bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve cold.
A delicate little desert I enjoyed. I think I may have under-baked it, but I will try it again.