Recipe by **Jubes**
A no-bake slice. Good for lunchboxes or with a coffee. Just 5 minutes in your saucepan and ice when its cool. If you are cooking for a gluten-free diet then ensure you use Gluten Free Rice Bubbles(Rice Puffs)
Top Review by katew
Just fabulous and incredibly quick to make . I have not done the icing and did not add nuts - just personal preference. I think my mother used to make this and roll into balls so there's a thought for next time. Thanks, Jubes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates, chopped
- 60 g butter (2ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 3 cups rice bubbles (puffed rice cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted nuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line the base of a slice tin.
- Combine dates, butter and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat for 5 minutes-do not boil. The mixture should be smooth and pulpy. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining slice ingredients. Mix well and press into the prepared tin. Refrigerate until set and then top/spread with the icing.
- To make the Icing:.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and heat on a low heat until spreadable.