Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies have a delicate lemon flavor, but no too lemony or sweet. Prep time does NOT include chill time for dough.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and lemon juice; beat well.
- In seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into creamed mixture. Beat until well-mixed. Dough will be soft!
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in wax paper then plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours in FREEZER.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 375.
- Roll dough on to lightly floured surface to 1/8"-1/4" thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges slightly golden brown.
- Makes about 4 dozen, depending on size and shape of cutters used.
I followed the instructions. The flour was too thick and was too sugary.The lemon flavour wasv great.