Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tart is one of my most favorite company desserts. It's quick and easy to make, looks beautiful and tastes light and refreshing after a meal.
- 1 pie shell
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, of removed with a grater
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 1⁄2 cups berries, of your choice (Blueberry is delicious too.)
- Preheat oven to 375, and place rack in center of oven.
- Place the sugar and lemon zest in a food processor and mince until the zest is as fine as the sugar.
- Add the eggs, butter, and sour cream to the processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon and orange juice and switch the machine on and off quickly just to combine.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked pastry shell.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until the center is softly set, but not firm-- about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- This tart can remain at room temperature for several hours before serving.
- Up to 2 hours before serving, cover with washed and dried berries.