Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Sweet treat that hits the spot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar (total)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil or butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- In medium bowl, use hands to combine graham cracker, 3 tbsps sugar, and butter until evenly mixed.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of dish and bake 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove and let sit for 10-15 minutes or until cool.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg yolks.
- Add condensed milk, lemon juice, zest and mix until blended well. Pour mixture atop cooled graham crust.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove, and cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate and cool for another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove, slice, and serve.
- Optional: while cooling, create whipped topping by combining whipping cream and 2 remaining 2 tbsp sugar in a medium bowl. Blend medium until soft peaks form. Dallop atop individual servings.