Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I went on a camping excursion and everyone chipped in with fresh produce to have a community stew. This is what happened in one of the pots, well the best i can to recreate it anyhow. I did not make this at the camp out but asked what the lady did. To the best of my memory this is as good as it gets. This came out tasty but probably way less curry than she added. This was my first time to use curry in my cooking so I went very light with it because it is not my favorite flavor. I hope you guys like this I think it is a nice summer soup.
- 16 ounces lentils
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 3 lemons
- vegetable stock or chicken stock
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cut sweet potatoes into coins about 1/2" thick then quarter them, cut up carrots and throw into pot
- Chop the rest of the veggies, I did the squash like the taters.
- add liquid and half of both onions and garlic salt and pepper and squeeze one lemon into the pot.
- boil until tender (about an hour).
- add all other ingredients and squeeze the juice from the other two lemons.
- cover but tilt lid so steam can escape some.
- 20 minutes and soup's on!