Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A departure from the normal deviled egg! Very tasty!
- 16 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks; set the whites aside.
- In a large bowl, mash yolks.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into egg whites.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
The first time I made these exactly to the recipe and I didn't care for them. But when I make them with mayonnaise replacing the sour cream I absolutely love them and so does my family. I think it's just because we are accustomed to mayo in similar recipes. Thanks Yooper! These are fabulous!
Definitely not the same old deviled eggs! I think these are a great change of pace. I've always liked curry and eggs together. I made them as written and just added a pinch or so of sugar. I will make these again. Thanx for posting.
This was a nice twist on the more traditional deviled egg. I really liked the creaminess from the sour cream (mine was reduced fat) and the blend of dried spices. Topped mine with fresh topped chives and thought it work well enogh to include in the filling next time. I too found there to be a bit too much lemon and would suggest reducing this amout to 1 1/2 tablespoons.