Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A departure from the normal deviled egg! Very tasty!
- 16 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks; set the whites aside.
- In a large bowl, mash yolks.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon into egg whites.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Definitely not the same old deviled eggs! I think these are a great change of pace. I've always liked curry and eggs together. I made them as written and just added a pinch or so of sugar. I will make these again. Thanx for posting.
The first time I made these exactly to the recipe and I didn't care for them. But when I make them with mayonnaise replacing the sour cream I absolutely love them and so does my family. I think it's just because we are accustomed to mayo in similar recipes. Thanks Yooper! These are fabulous!
Very good! I had to use mayonnaise for part of the sour cream (I used 3 parts mayo to 1 part sour cream), just because I ran out. I also decreased the lemon juice a bit, but you could still taste it. This was a nice change -- thanks for posting!