Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These biscuits are really morish! and so quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Lemon Currant Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add grated lemon rind and dry ingredients.
- Add currants.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on lightly greased baking tray.
- Press balls lightly with fork.
- (dip fork in flour and shake off excess).
- Bake 180'-190'C (Gas mark 4) for about 15-20 minutes- or until they are just slightly golden in colour- not browned.
Wow, for me and my husband, it was instant love at first bite. I love lemon so I doubled the lemon rind and as I didn't have currants at the time, I used sultanas. So simple and quick to make. Can't wait to try these with currants.
I had to adjust the cooking time, going only 15 minutes instead, and finding a way to get the seeds out would also be appealing. They end up rather crumbly (think sugar cookies) so next time, I'm adding a bit more flour to try and hold them together better. I also added some lemon juice as well, which helps the lemon balance even with the strong taste of currants. Lastly, I agree with Mrs. P. You are _quite_ correct when you speak of how wonderful they smell!
These biscuits are sooo delicious and smell wonderful while they are cooking. I made them with my son and he couldn't stop eating them as they came out of the oven!!