Recipe by Karin...
These biscuits are really morish! and so quick and easy to make.
Top Review by JAD40
Wow, for me and my husband, it was instant love at first bite. I love lemon so I doubled the lemon rind and as I didn't have currants at the time, I used sultanas. So simple and quick to make. Can't wait to try these with currants.
- 4 ounces butter
- 6 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces flour
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces currants
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add grated lemon rind and dry ingredients.
- Add currants.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on lightly greased baking tray.
- Press balls lightly with fork.
- (dip fork in flour and shake off excess).
- Bake 180'-190'C (Gas mark 4) for about 15-20 minutes- or until they are just slightly golden in colour- not browned.