Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy, yummy recipe. Pudding here is used in the form that the British use it. Like a moist cake w/ custard.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg yolks and flour. Beat inches Then add milk and the lemon juice and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff (easier when you have a mixer.).
- Add rest of mixture in the egg whites and mix, but do not overmix.
- Pour inot buttered dish (pyrex or such) and stand dish ina roasting pan 1/3 full of water.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is set and spongy and golden.