Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and refreshing dessert, especially good in the summer.You may use any type of berries with this, but my personal favorites are raspberries and blueberries. From an April 1984 issue of Bon Appetit that featured Light and Refreshing Lemon Desserts.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 4 cups fresh berries (raspberries,blackberries,blueberries,strawberries)
- Whisk all ingredients except berries in top of nonaluminum double boiler set over boiling water until mixture thickens enough to coat back of spoon; do not let mixture boil.
- Transfer to nonaluminum container.
- Cool to room temperature.
- (Can be prepared up to 2 weeks ahead and refrigerated.).
- Fill parfait glasses or flutes with alternating layers of berries and lemon curd; there should be more fruit than curd.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If desired, garnish each serving with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and mint leaves.