Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Lemon Curd filling a tart is elegant for a Bridal Tea Party or just on a tray for a shower or wedding. There is a dab of whipped cream on the top. They are so tasty.
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs (well beaten)
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rounds out of the pie shell and form around the inside of of tart pans or on the back of the tiny cupcake tins.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes; cool before removing.
- In a saucepan put all ingredient EXCEPT the eggs and heat the butter just till melted.
- Add the 4 well-beaten eggs; cook on a VERY LOW heat till thick, about 15-20 minutes stirring very regularly.
- Cool slightly and refrigerate in a non-metal container; cover and refrigerate till cold.
- Fill tarts and top with a dab of whipped cream; refrigerate.