- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (colored part only, no white part)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (2 ounce) package frozen miniature phyllo tart shells, thawed
Garnishes (as desired)
- fresh raspberry
- mint leaf
- sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon peel until blended.
- Add butter and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Transfer lemon curd to a small bowl and cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries, mint leaves, and/or whipped cream, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.