Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple but nice dessert. I use my homemade lemon, lime or orange curd for this. I like it best with gingersnap cookies but you can use lemon or shortbread biscuits/cookies. The almonds you toast in a dry frying pan.
- 4 cookies, of your own choice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup double cream
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 8 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- mint leaf (to garnish) (optional)
- Set out 4 serving glasses and crumble a biscuit in each one, use half of the wine to moisten the crumbs.
- Whip the cream together with the sugar until you have soft peaks.
- Fold in the remaining wine, after that the lemon curd, try to achieve a marbled effect.
- Spoon into the glasses, sprinkle with the almonds, garnish with the mint and serve.
'A simple but nice dessert' - well, isn't THAT the understatement of the year? Who'd have thought something so simple (basically a lemon mousse) to put together would taste so grand? And I cheated. I had a jar of Wilkins & Co. Lemon Curd on hand so this dessert, from start to finish, took 5 minutes? I used Swedish Butter Curls - basically a shortbread.