1/8 Photos of Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd
A British tea time favorite. This is sweet and tart. Try it on scones, muffins, and tea breads or layer on Angel Food cake with Raspberries and Creamy Cheesecake! I've also microwaved this just watch and stir a lot. For orange or lime curd, substitute appropriate fruit rind and juice. Proceed as directed. FYI- When filling a cake with this be sure to pipe a rim of frosting on the edge of the first layer, then fill inside with the chilled lemon curd, place top layer then frost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stove top Method:.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
- 3Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Add butter and stir until it has melted and combined.
- 5Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 6Beat eggs into cooled lemon mixture until well blended.
- 7Return to heat and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Cover and refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- 10Microwave Method:.
- 11Place butter in a large glass measure or bowl. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or until the butter is soft, but not melted.
- 12Whisk in the sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice. Add the whole eggs and yolks and blend well.
- 13Cover with parchment paper and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring well after each minute or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.( May need more time for all microwave ovens are different so be sure it coats the spoon as for a custard!).
- 14Cover and refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- 15Pour into a sterilized glass jar(s) (jam jars are perfect) and leave to cool.
- 16Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g