Found this in Williams Sonoma's "Dessert" book. I'm *pretty* sure the friend who bought me this book did so because she wanted me to make these lemon square. :) Without a doubt THE best I've had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
For the Filling
- 1Preheat the oven 350F and lightly grease an 8" square pan, preferably glass.
- 2In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- 3Pulse briefly until blended.
- 4Add the butter pieces and pulse until the dough forms moist crumbs and sticks together when pinched -- about one minute.
- 5There should be no trace of dryness.
- 6Press the dough into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the prepared baking dish, lightly flouring your fingertips if necessary to prevent them from sticking.
- 7Bake the crust until pale golden, 20 - 22 minutes.
- 8Let the crust cool completely on a rack.
- 9Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- 10To make the filling, whisk together the sugar, flour, salt and zest.
- 11Add the eggs, lemon juice and cream and whisk until just blended.
- 12Carefully pour the filling mixture over the baked, cooled crust.
- 13Bake until the filling is set but still jiggles *slightly* when the baking dish is gently shaken -- about 20 - 22 minute (or longer, if using a metal pan).
- 14Let cool on a rack for about 30 minutes.
- 15Run the tip of a small knife along the inside of the dish to loosen the crust from the sides, then let cool completely.
- 16Cut into 12 small rectangles and carefully remove from the dish with a spatula.
- 17Sift a dusting of confectioner's sugar over the rectangles just before serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd Squares
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 130.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g