Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adorable little rolls worthy of your best brunch or tea.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- Place the first 8 ingredients into bread machine pan in the order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove from machine, punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the 1 1/2 pound dough into 24 portions (2 pound dough into 32 portions).
- On lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-inch long rope.
- Tie each rope into a loose knot.
- Tuck the top end under the roll; bring the bottom end up and tuck into center of roll.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 30 minutes or until nearly double.
- Combine 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush over rolls.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Spoon lemon curd into the center of each roll, or pipe with pastry bag using a star tip for a decorative touch.