8 hrs 30 mins
This is from Epicurious. Mmmmmm I love lemon cheesecake! Cooking time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/3 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (5 oz)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Whisk together zest, juice, sugar, and eggs in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Add butter and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently, until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and first bubbles appear on surface, about 6 minutes.
- 2Force lemon curd through a fine-mesh sieve into a wide shallow dish, scraping bottom of sieve, then cover surface with wax paper. Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 3Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F
- 4Invert bottom of springform pan (to make it easier to slide cake off bottom), then lock on side. Stir together crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 5 Tablespoons butter in a bowl, then press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of springform pan. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan and bake 10 minutes, then cool crust completely in springform pan on a rack.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- 6Beat together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add eggs 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in sour cream and vanilla until combined.
- 7Pour two thirds of cream cheese filling into crust, then spoon half of lemon curd over filling and swirl curd into filling with a small knife. (Avoid touching crust with knife to prevent crumbs getting into filling.) Repeat with remaining filling and curd.
- 8Bake cheesecake until set 1 1/2 inches from edge but center trembles when pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes. (Center of cake will appear very loose but will continue to set as it cools.) Transfer springform pan to a rack and immediately run a knife around top edge of cake to loosen. Cool completely, about 2 hours, then chill, uncovered, at least 4 hours. Remove side of springform pan before serving.
- 10• Lemon curd can be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered.
- 11• Crust (without filling) can be made 1 day ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.
- 12• Cheesecake can be chilled, loosely covered, up to 2 days. Cheesecake must be completely chilled before covering to prevent condensation on its surface.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd Marbled Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 496.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g