1/1 Photo of Lemon Curd Cupcakes
Cute, lemony cupcakes. These are easy to make since they start with a cake mix. The recipe makes 24 regular cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes. I usually use Dickinson's Lemon Curd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- i box lemon cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup lemon curd (I used the rest of the jar because I LOVE lemon)
- 1Heat oven to 350º.
- 2Line mini cupcake pans or regular cupcake pans with cupcake liners (I also sprayed some Pam over the liners and the tops of the pan).
- 3Mix the cake mix, water, lemon curd, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl, following the directions on the cake mix box.
- 4Spoon or scoop (I use an ice cream scoop for regular cupcakes) into pans, filling 2/3rds full.
- 5Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes for regular size cupcake and 15 to 20 for the mini cupcakes.
- 6Remove pans from oven and place pans on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- 7Then take the cupcakes out of the pan carefully and let cool on the rack until completely cool.
- 8Prepare Lemony Cream.
- 9Place bowl and beaters in the freezer for a few minutes then pour the cream into the chilled bowl and beat with a mixer on high speed until the cream has thickened.
- 10Stop beating and add the sugar.
- 11Beat again until stiff peaks form.
- 12With a spatula, gently fold in the lemon curd.
- 13Use right away or chill for up to 8 hours before using.
- 14Frost cupcakes with the lemony cream covering the top of the cupcake completely.
- 15Top with slivered strawberries or raspberries or blueberries if desired.
- 16Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: