Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Cute, lemony cupcakes. These are easy to make since they start with a cake mix. The recipe makes 24 regular cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes. I usually use Dickinson's Lemon Curd.
- i box lemon cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup lemon curd (I used the rest of the jar because I LOVE lemon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Line mini cupcake pans or regular cupcake pans with cupcake liners (I also sprayed some Pam over the liners and the tops of the pan).
- Mix the cake mix, water, lemon curd, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl, following the directions on the cake mix box.
- Spoon or scoop (I use an ice cream scoop for regular cupcakes) into pans, filling 2/3rds full.
- Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes for regular size cupcake and 15 to 20 for the mini cupcakes.
- Remove pans from oven and place pans on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then take the cupcakes out of the pan carefully and let cool on the rack until completely cool.
- Prepare Lemony Cream.
- Place bowl and beaters in the freezer for a few minutes then pour the cream into the chilled bowl and beat with a mixer on high speed until the cream has thickened.
- Stop beating and add the sugar.
- Beat again until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the lemon curd.
- Use right away or chill for up to 8 hours before using.
- Frost cupcakes with the lemony cream covering the top of the cupcake completely.
- Top with slivered strawberries or raspberries or blueberries if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.