2 hrs 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
Delicious lemon curd dessert from Bev Bennett.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2To make crust, combine gingersnap crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl; stir with a fork to dampen crumbs.
- 3Pat crumbs on bottom and up sides of a 7-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; bake for 10 minutes or until firm and slightly browned; remove from oven and cool completely.
- 4To make filling, beat eggs and egg yolks together in a heavy-bottomed pan; add 3/4 cup sugar and beat; add lemon juice and butter.
- 5Cook lemon mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5-10 minutes or until thickened to the consistency of pudding.
- 6Remove the curd from the heat.
- 7If it's lumpy, strain through a wire strainer.
- 8Place curd in a bowl and completely chill; when curd is cold, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar with whipping cream in a bowl and beat until stiff; fold lemon curd into the whipped cream mixture.
- 9Gently spoon lemon mixture into the prepared tart crust; chill 1-2 hours.
- 10Just before serving, wash strawberries and pat dry; remove stems, thinly slice berries lengthwise and arrange over the tart.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon curd cream tart
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.5
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 322.3 mg
- Sodium 497.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 63.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g