Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
Recipe is from Midwest Living.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds or 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add flour and baking powder; beat until just combined and mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2/3 cup of the crumb mixture; set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from oven. Spread lemon curd over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of the edges of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture, coconut, and almonds. Sprinkle crumb mixture over lemon curd.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes more or until edges are golden and topping is browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Cover and store in the refrigerator.