Recipe by Karyl Lee
Unusual pork chop dish, sweet and a little hot at the same time.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
The delicious sauce is definitely different--more of a very sweet and tangy, not sweet and hot. We had trouble executing the recipe, getting the pork cooked right and mushrooms and onions caramelized. Since then Karyl Lee informed me that she has updated the recipe so I will come back and try it again soon (the sauce is definitely worth it). Made for "A Taste for Yellow for Livestrong Day".
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 1/4 inch thick approximately
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cut lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup lemon curd
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rub the pork chops with sesame oil and the cut garlic, squeeze the lemon juice over them and massage it inches.
- Wash hands well.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices, stem and all.
- Cut the onions into rings.
- Broil the chops briefly on both sides,on foil- lined edged baking sheet or broiler pan, until just browned.Pan should be in upper third of oven.
- Turn oven back to 350°F.
- Mix the hoisin sauce and curd and spoon over the chops.
- Pile the mushrooms and onions on the chops on top of the curd mixture.
- Bake approx 15 minutes and turn the whole chop and veggie combo over.
- This lets the meat juices and sauces caramelize the veggies.
- Bake about 10 minutes more, checking for degree of done-ness.
- I served this with steamed broccoli and lemon rice.