This recipe comes from the Daily Mail's Leith's Recipe of the Day. I made some yesterday for our Brownie Pack's Tsunami fundraising event and they, along with my brownies (I used Recipe no 13729 - not my recipe! But a good one!) were sold out. Try them for something different. I did need more than the amount below of lemon juice for the glaze. The recipe says "10 minutes" prep time. I think they're talking about professionals. I'm "just" a housewife - it took me a while longer. But worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170 g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 70 g caster sugar
- 2 finely grated lemons, zest of
- 125 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 55 g cream cheese
- 20 g icing sugar
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F and line a muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and caster sugar together.
- 3Add lemon zest.
- 4Mix together the milk, egg, butter, lemon curd and vanilla essence.
- 5Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar in a seperate bowl.
- 6Make a well in centre of the dry ingredients, quickly stir in the wet ingredients using no more than 12 strokes.
- 7Put 1 tablespoon of the muffin mix into the base of the muffin pans.
- 8Pop a fraction (1/6th) of the cream cheese mixture on top and then cover with the remaining muffin mixture.
- 9The tins should be almost full to the top.
- 10Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 11Prepare the glaze by mixing the icing sugar and lemon juice together.
- 12Remove the muffins from their tins, cool for five minutes and then drizzle with the glaze.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd and Cream Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: