Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe was given to me at a local show from the winner of the lemon curd section. Its easy and keeps quite well in the fridge. Can be used to fill sponges, but also great on toast in the morning.
- Grate the rind from the lemons, then squeeze out the juice.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and creamy, then add the lemon rind and the strained juice and butter.
- Place in the top of a double boiler.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water and add to the mixture.
- Place over simmering water and stir until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- This takes about 15 min.