Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe was given to me at a local show from the winner of the lemon curd section. Its easy and keeps quite well in the fridge. Can be used to fill sponges, but also great on toast in the morning.
- Grate the rind from the lemons, then squeeze out the juice.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and creamy, then add the lemon rind and the strained juice and butter.
- Place in the top of a double boiler.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water and add to the mixture.
- Place over simmering water and stir until thick enough to coat a spoon.
- This takes about 15 min.
Anny, I liked this recipe... easy to make, tasty and it's going into my recipe book and I'll try it again. I haven't compared it to any other lemon curd recipies yet and have decided recently to award 5 stars only to super exceptional recipies, so gave this a well deserved 4 stars. Lemon curd isn't a Dutch thing at all and with recipes like this around, what a shame ! I'll certainly be enjoying mine :)Thanks!