Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Finely grate enough zest from lemons to measure 2 teaspoons and squeeze enough juice to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a metal bowl whisk together zest, juice, sugar, and eggs.
- Cut butter into 4 pieces and add to mixture.
- Set bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook mixture, whisking occasionally, until thickened and smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Lemon curd may be kept, chilled and its surface covered with plastic wrap, 3 days.
- Serve lemon curd warm or chilled.
This Lemon Curd has got to be the best there is out there! Very, very easy and quick to prepare, and the taste is Heavenly! Can't wait to try it with your Meringue Kisses. Bet that's a treat and a 1/2! Thanks for sharing a dandy, Bev. Laudee C.
!WOW! Such plans I have for this lemon curd...
This is fabulous and so easy to make! I can't believe that I've been spending so much to buy this in the stores when it is so inexpensive and easy to make this tasty version. I halved the recipe and it turned out great. It was delicious spread on scones.