Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little different but yet the same as the other lemon curd recipes. Found this in a collection of vintage recipes. I love this stuff! The recipe calls for 2 tbsp lemon rind and 6 tbsp juice. I've found this to be about 2 large lemons. Drop the lemons into boiling water for about a minute or two and rub the wax off on a paper towel before using the rind...try not to get any of the white pith when you grate.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces butter
- Beat eggs in top of a double boiler
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat over hot water until it thickens.
- It will thicken even more as it cools.
- I usually pour into jars and either can them from here or just put them in the fridge and use it soon enough.