Recipe by Kirstin in the Couv
The ultimate lemon curd. Recipe can be increased as much as you like. Serve with scones, biscuits, toast etc. Can be used as a tart filling, cake filling and as an ingredient in lemon buttercream
Top Review by Jangomango
Yes, this is the ultimate lemon curd. Perfect texture, taste and colour. Very easy to make. Excellent directions. The final cooking temp is 190*F if anyone wants to use a thermometer.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 1⁄2 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of, finely grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, whisk yolk and sugar until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon zest.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly (Do not whisk), until thickened and you see the first bubble.
- DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Pour through strainer, stir in zest.
- chill in refrigerator with plastic wrap pressed on top of curd to prevent skin forming.