Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A New Zealand recipe from ecook.com.co.nz Posting for ZWT 5. You can also serve in mini phyllo shells, put a tiny bit of whipped cream on, and garnish with teeny lemon strips.
- 4 large eggs
- 0.25 ml salt
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 lemons, zest of
- 118.29 ml lemon juice, strained
- Beat the eggs with a pinch salt until smooth.
- Place the eggs, melted butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice into the top of a double saucepan.
- Cook over simmering water for about 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Alternatively cook in the microwave on medium high for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the mixture curdling.
I'm making Lemon Tiramisu tomorrow and need lemon curd in the mix. I chose this recipe because it was an NZ one and I know the chef-having never made lemon curd before, I had no other reason to choose the recipe. I'm glad I did because it turned out super simple to make the half quantity, and to make, and it tastes great. I could just sit and scoff the bowl right now and ner mind the tiramisu!
I used half sugar and half splenda. And microwaved it stirring often for 10 minutes. Then when it was colder, I put it in a pie crust. So I had lemon pie and it was so yummy. Texture was perfect and the taste also. Thanks WiGal :) Made for Rookie tag game