1/4 Photos of Lemon Curd
Delicious for many uses. Try it in Ethereal Lemon Pie, recipe in 'Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- 2Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- 3Whisk in the yolks until smooth.
- 4Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens and leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is drawn across it, do not allow the mixture to boil.
- 5Immediately pour lemon curd through a strainer into a bowl.
- 6Let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- 7Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve (Lemon curd keeps for a month in the refrigerator and for about 3 months in the freezer).
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1174.4
- Calories from Fat 715
- Total Fat 79.4 g
- Saturated Fat 45.3 g
- Cholesterol 1001.8 mg
- Sodium 573.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 102.7 g
- Protein 11.9 g