Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious for many uses. Try it in Ethereal Lemon Pie, recipe in 'Zaar.
Make and share this Lemon Curd recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Whisk in the yolks until smooth.
- Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens and leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is drawn across it, do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Immediately pour lemon curd through a strainer into a bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve (Lemon curd keeps for a month in the refrigerator and for about 3 months in the freezer).
This is fabulous -- simply wonderful! For the record, I used three large lemons for the juice, and the zest of two of those lemons in this recipe. Just in case you are making a shopping list...
This is sooooo delicious. I used it to make a Lemon Chicken recipe I found on a TV show called 30 minute meals. I think this is my new favorite
Easy, quick, and delicious. That's my kind of recipe. Now, I've got to make more. Over a day and a half my son and I kept tasting with a spoon...not enough left for my tarts.