Delicious for many uses. Try it in Ethereal Lemon Pie, recipe in 'Zaar.
Make and share this Lemon Curd recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Whisk in the yolks until smooth.
- Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens and leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is drawn across it, do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Immediately pour lemon curd through a strainer into a bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve (Lemon curd keeps for a month in the refrigerator and for about 3 months in the freezer).