Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
a basic recipe I'm trying before I start trying it with splenda. wish me luck!
Make and share this Lemon Curd recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons, do not use the bottled lemon juice)
- 14.79 ml lemon zest, finely grated
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into small pieces
- In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended.
- continue to cook, stirring constantly (to prevent it from curdling), until the mixture becomes thick (like sour cream or a hollandaise sauce) (160 degrees F or 71 degrees C). This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine strainer to remove any lumps.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted. Add the lemon zest and let cool. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Cover immediately (so a skin doesn't form) and refrigerate for up to a week.