Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use this on scones, fill tiny tarts, or use as a spread. It is good for many things. Put in sterile jars and keep in refrigerator for no more than two weeks. This makes nice gifts to give at Christmas.
- In a double boiler place the sugar, butter, grated lemon peel of TWO lemons and the squeezed juice of THREE lemons.
- Place over low heat and cook till butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beaten eggs (DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL AS IT WILL CURDLE).
- Continue stirring over heat till mixture thickens.
- Pour into sterile jars, seal, and cool.
- Store in the refrigerator no more than two weeks.
awesome!!! I'm using it as a filling for a citrus cake that I made... thanks for the post!