Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Use this on scones, fill tiny tarts, or use as a spread. It is good for many things. Put in sterile jars and keep in refrigerator for no more than two weeks. This makes nice gifts to give at Christmas.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler place the sugar, butter, grated lemon peel of TWO lemons and the squeezed juice of THREE lemons.
- Place over low heat and cook till butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beaten eggs (DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL AS IT WILL CURDLE).
- Continue stirring over heat till mixture thickens.
- Pour into sterile jars, seal, and cool.
- Store in the refrigerator no more than two weeks.