Recipe by Chef Dudo
Lemon-desserts, mmmmm. One of my favourite.
Top Review by Meljcook
Yummy! Was even better when backed in a lemon that had been hallowed out. Added an extra zing of lemon and made for a great presentation. Just cut a little off the bottom of several (8-12) large lemons so they will sit up then cut the top 1/3 off each lemon. Hallow out the pulp of the lemon using a melon baller or other creative tool. Don't forget to wrap the lemon in foil before placing it in the water bath. Save the top of the lemon for a fun garnish when serving this yummy treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease eight (6 ounce) custard cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, flour and butter/margarine.
- Add lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks and milk.
- Add to cream mixture and stir.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into cups.
- Place in baking pan and add one inch of water to pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.