Recipe by TasteTester
I saw this recipe and made it the next day -- it was a real treat for us because we all love the taste of lemons and it has a nice creamy frosting. They were so good they only lasted one day in our house!
- 510.29 g white cake mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 4 egg whites
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 85.04 g lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 453.59 g confectioners' sugar
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cake mix with water, egg whites and oil. Add dry pudding mix and beat in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. (Batter will be thick.) Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake 21-24 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat sugar, cream cheese, butter and lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Frost cupcakes.