Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love lemon, citrus, and I love cupcakes so...:) This recepe is from my mother, she made these in my childhood. I hope you like them. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a 12 piece cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- 2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- 3) In a large bowl, using a hand help whisk or you can do this in a big standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and incorporate well.
- 4) Add the sour cream, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until its all well incorporated.
- 5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix them in to combine but make sure you don’t over mix.
- 6) Using a large ice cream scoop, divide your batter evenly in lined muffin tin. Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting:.
- 7) In a large bowl using a hand help whisk, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until you have a creamy frosting.
- 8) Pipe or spoon on each cupcake and enjoy!