1/3 Photos of Lemon Cupcakes
Adapted from Cupcakes, Cupcakes and More Cupcakes! The icing makes more than for 12 cupcakes - unless you love icing!! Halved the recipe of the icing for my family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 lemons, zest of
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F Insert liners into medium cupcake pans.
- 2Prepare cupcakes. Melt butter and lemon zest on low heat; the heat helps release the flavors and spice the butter.
- 3In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Place eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl, beating on medium speed.
- 5Gradually add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the melted butter and mix until mixture is light and airy.
- 6Fill the cupcake liners two-third full.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes are springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in cupcake's center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Prepare glaze: in an eletric mixer,beat butter with powdered sugar and lemon juice until frosting is integrated and smooth (add 1 more tablespoon of lemon juice for creamier texture if desired).
- 10Using a spatula, spread frosting on each cupcake, decorating with lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 317.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of