Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 mins
A refreshingly delicious summer salad.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces small curd cottage cheese, optionally pureed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 (5 inch) cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 sweet bell pepper, finely diced
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Combine mayonnaise with pureed cottage cheese; fold into gelatin until well blended; stir in onions, cucumbers, and optional bell peppers; refrigerate until gelatin is set.
- Note: Last time I made this, I sprinkled the veggies with a little Lemon Pepper before stirring them into the salad. This was really good Ü.