Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These bars are truly decadent! The uniqueness of this recipe is in the soda cracker base. And, the "from-scratch" lemon filling is amazing!
- Combine cracker crumbs, sugar, flour, coconut and baking powder.
- Mix in margarine until crumbly.
- Remove 1 cup of base/topping mixture& set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into 9" square pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, lemon juice, sugar and margarine in a heavy pot.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until thickened.
- Spread filling over baked base.
- Sprinkle reserved topping over filling.
- Return to oven until lightly browned- about 5 minutes.