Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was a family secret up until I decided it had to be shared. I love these lemon squares so much and my friends are always bugging me to bring them to parties.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup coconut (ground)
- 1⁄2 lb butter (no margarine "or" shortening please)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- Combine butter, coconut, sugar, flour until mixture is crumbled.
- Press half of the crumble in a long ungreased pan (9x13-inch).
- Prepare lemon pie filling as directed on box then pour over the pressed crumble.
- Add the remaining crumble over the lemon filling.
- Put in oven at 325F for a few minutes until the top of the squares are golden brown.
- (about 10-15 minutes) Take out and let cool in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares and serve.
I was disappointed in this recipe because it had a rather raw dough quality to it. I baked the crumble as directed, but after 15 minutes of not getting much browning, the lemon filling was getting rubbery. Will try it again and bake the base, then the rest. Flavor was good.
Super recipe! Easy and tasty. Thanks for posting. Laudee C.