Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 365 LowFat
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lb parsnip, trimmed, peeled and cut in 2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- In a dry skillet, toast bread crumbs over medium low heat, stirring often, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- In a steamer basket, steam parsnips until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and cook until butter begins to turn nut brown in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked parsnips and lightly toss to coat.
- Cook, stirring once or twice, until parsnips begin to brown slightly, 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, bread crumbs and parsley. Toss and serve.