1/2 Photos of Lemon Crumb Tilapia
A fast and easy recipe. Could use the recipe with other types of white fish also. The recipe came from my local grocery store with a few changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces tilapia fillets, thawed
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (not the canned kind)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (or use amount of juice from small lemon used above for lemon peel)
- 1Rinse fish and pat dry.
- 2Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and lemon peel on waxed paper.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4Dip fillets in melted butter.
- 5Coat fillet with crumb mixture.
- 6In nonstick skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with oil over medium heat.
- 7Cook fillets for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- 8Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 9When removing fish from skillet, use a spatula or the fish will fall apart.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Crumb Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 581.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 38.6 g