Recipe by aviva
A fast and easy recipe. Could use the recipe with other types of white fish also. The recipe came from my local grocery store with a few changes.
Top Review by dripdripsplat
Wonderful recipe! My daughter even said it was "the best fish", and that is a huge compliment considering that she HATES fish with a passion. I did make a few changes though: I substituted olive oil for the veg. oil, Kraft Parm Plus Italian Topping Garlic Herb for the parmesan cheese, and garlic powder for the garlic salt. In Step 2, I added 1 tbsp of the lemon juice to the crumb mixture, and the zest of a whole lemon, and I did Step 8 (sprinkling the fish with the lemon juice) during the last minute of its cook time. We will definitely be using this recipe again repeatedly... Thank you!
- 12 ounces tilapia fillets, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (not the canned kind)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (or use amount of juice from small lemon used above for lemon peel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and lemon peel on waxed paper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Dip fillets in melted butter.
- Coat fillet with crumb mixture.
- In nonstick skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with oil over medium heat.
- Cook fillets for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- When removing fish from skillet, use a spatula or the fish will fall apart.