Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
Found in the Taste of Home April/May 2008 magazine. Recipe sent in by Claudette Brownlee & saved here for safe keeping.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine (6 C.) flour, (4 cups)sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, (2 cups) melted butter, lemon peel and (2 T.) lemon juice.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-forths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in (1/4 C,) cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.