- 1 (16 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled (1 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 13"x9" pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil; beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb evenly over batter.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (35-40 minutes).
- Cool completely in pan.